We’ve all seen the word ‘omnichannel’ banded about the place as the new and upcoming marketing buzz word. But what is it? Why do we need yet another word for our corporate buzz word bingo?
Here are 6 things you need to know about omnichannel:
- It’s essentially just multichannel 2.0. It’s all about moving the linked-up, multiple platform marketing you have at the moment to the next level. The goal of an omnichannel strategy is to bring all of your customer touchpoints together to work as one and simultaneously.
- Get your teeth into it! It’s not a new concept but no one is really delivering a true omnichannel experience yet, it’s something you need to start doing and build up to so don’t worry you’re not behind the curve yet. The first brands to get it right will see some great competitive advantages though so don’t leave it too long.
- Don’t forget to optimise each channel. It doesn’t mean that you don’t differentiate your platforms or optimise them for the purpose that they are best designed.
- It is driven by consumers, not businesses. It will take some investment as technology and staff need to be much more coordinated and focused, but the benefits to the consumers are huge. In turn they’ll spend more, even back in 2010 it was estimated that omnichannel type consumers spend 15-30% more. If that’s not enough, your customers are likely to be more loyal to your brand.
- Think about your customers. Not every businesses customers need or want the same things. You will need to research your customers natural behaviours and underlying needs and put together a strong customer experience strategy to get it right.
- Get inspiration from your peers! Still feel like you need more ideas, want to air some worries and would like to learn from other brands experiences with omnichannel? We’re hosting a free omnichannel roundtable so you can do just that. Between October 2nd and 4th we are running 6 two-hour sessions to get ideas and best practices on the table for you to take back to your business all inspired. Spaces are filling up fast so you request your invite now!
Leave a comment
indicates required fields